Proudly Manufactured in Australia
Tamar Hydro Pty Ltd is the largest manufacturer of hydro turbines in the Australasia/Pacific region and has built approximately 200 turbines. Tamar Hydro has extensive experience with major project work gained over 40 years specialising in the design and manufacture of hydroelectric power generation plants.
- Parametric solid modelling, FEA analysis, CFD simulation
- CAD design & drafting.
- PLC & SCADA programming
- Protection engineering & testing
- Power quality testing
- Commissioning engineers & technicians
- Qualified toolmakers, fitters, machinists, boilermakers (welders), electricians, instrument technicians and system integrators.
- 3, 5 & 15 tonne gantries in workshop.
- Large storage area.
- 400m2 office, showroom & design area.
- 1400 m2 manufacturing workshop consisting of: Fitting, Machining, Fabrication and Electrical areas.
- 4 lathes up to 1700mm swing, 3000mm centres, including vertical lathe (1600mm swing).
- 3 horizontal borers up to of 15 ton weight capability.
- Jig borer (with jig grinding capabilities).
- Milling machines (suitable for gear cutting, keyways & splines).
- Large capacity radial arm drill.
Major Equipment for Fabrication / Stainless Steel Sheet-work:
- Arc (AC & DC), MIG & TIG welders.
- DLI TIG, MIG, stick including pressure pipe and vessels.
- Plasma Cutter.
Refurbishment of existing turbines and control systems, can also be carried out to increase the overall efficiency of energy production installations.