Exeter, Launceston & North East TAS
Welders & Boilmakers (Trades & Services)
Based in Exeter Tasmania, The Boilermaker Welder reports to the Fabrication Supervisor and holds responsibility of engineering and fabricating diverse projects for our clientele, spanning across industries from utilities, commercial ventures, agriculture, and beyond. With a significant emphasis on the renewable sector. This role is tailored for an experienced Boilermaker Welder proficient in delivering high-quality fabrication work, while meeting the demands of varied project timelines.
This position entails both workshop and on-site tasks, requiring driving in varying conditions. Travel, including interstate or intrastate travel via car, airplane, or boat, may be necessary, occasionally requiring out-of-hours work commitments.
The job involves substantial physical activities, encompassing activities such as lifting and carrying loads per manual handling guidelines, prolonged standing, operating loud, vibrating, or moving machinery or equipment, climbing ladders, bending, and working in confined spaces or at heights. The work environment may involve hot or cold temperatures, indoor or outdoor settings.
- Completion of a Certificate level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Metal Fabrication, with relevant work experience
- The ability to read, interpret and provide technical advice on technical drawings and work instructions.
- The ability to travel for work purposes, including site-work that is intrastate and interstate, with possible overnight stays.
- Licences / Registrations
- Tasmanian Drivers Licence – C Class or Higher
- White Card
- High Risk Work Licence with Forklift Truck (LF)
- Working Safely at Heights
- Confined Space Enter and Work
- Provide First Aid & CPR
- Suitable level of fitness to perform the inherit duties of the position.
- Able to operate safely and effectively in a team environment
Desirable Attributes and Skills
- Hold the relevant licences or certificates, or willingness to obtain such licences and certificates such as:
- High Risk Work Licence with Elevated Work Platforms (WP), Dogging (DG), Rigging (RB), Basic Scaffolding (SB), Bridge and Gantry Crane (CB)
- Successful completion of units from Welders Certification Courses/Tickets – AS1796 Certification 1 – 9
- Previous experience with pressure welding, pipework, structural
- Knowledge, experience, or genuine interest working within the renewable energy industry.
Does this role interest you?
If you would like more information, or would like to come in and see what we do before you apply, please contact our People & Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the role, please click on the ‘apply here’, button, attaching a current resume, cover letter and answering the application questions.
Please note that successful candidates may be subject to pre-employment medical and national police check prior to an offer being made.
We look forward to hearing from you!